If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, Nacro's Bond Scheme may be able to help you find a home in a private rented property.
What is the bond scheme?
Under the bond scheme, the landlord is given a written guarantee ('bond') that says if a tenant damages the landlord’s property, the landlord can claim against the bond. Bonds are usually issued for six months. They cover uninsured theft or damage to the landlord’s property. A bond is normally for the same amount as four weeks' rent, up to £300.
Who can have a bond?
You will only be considered for a bond if you are:
- aged 16 or over at the time you apply;
- getting benefits or on a limited income;
- not able to find the money for a cash deposit; or
- homeless, threatened with homelessness or needing help with housing.
You must also:
- have no savings;
- have a connection with the local area; and
- have tried all other possibilities.
How can I apply for a rent deposit bond?
You can get more details on the bond scheme or apply for a bond by phoning the Conwy and Denbighshire Bond Bureau on 01492 860437