The ‘First Steps’ scheme has been developed for those wanting to get onto the property ladder but cannot afford to buy a property outright. First Steps offers a number of different schemes such as Homeby, Shared Equity and Shared Ownership. To be legible for the schemes you must:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be a UK or EU/EEA passport holder or have Indefinite Leave to Remain stamped in your passport
- Have some connection to Conwy County Borough i.e. living, working or close family connections in the Borough, or have lived in the Borough in the past.
- Be able to meet the long-term financial commitment of home ownership (if you are interested in purchasing a property).
The schemes are not available to those who:
- Are not UK or EU/EEA passport holders and whose passport is not stamped with Indefinite Leave to Remain.
- Have benefited from a low cost home ownership initiative in the past.
- Can afford to buy or rent a property suitable for their needs on the open market.
You can see available properties on our ‘Affordable Home-ownership Properties’ page or you can visit the Grwp Cynefin website for information about joining the scheme and to see the latest properties.